Access to the facilities in the Laboratory of Cyclotron and Fast Neutron Generators (LC&FNG), Laboratory of Tandetron (LT) and Neutron Physics Laboratory (NPL) is free of charge for national and international academic users, provided that the results from experiments at the facilities of the NPI infrastructure will be disseminated in the public domain.
[Proprietary research (usually requested by industry) can be arranged as well on the basis of beamtime and services purchase at the NPI infrastructure facilities. For further information, please contact the User Office].
To apply for open access to the NPI infrastructure facilities, scientific proposals should be submitted via User Portal.
At the Laboratory of Cyclotron and Fast Neutron Generators, there are two calls for proposals each year with deadlines 30 April and 30 October.
At the Laboratory of Tandetron and Neutron Physics Laboratory there are no deadlines and the proposal can be submitted any time (the evaluation is done continuously).
- Visit CANAM User Portal (registration obligatory), create and submit an experiment proposal to the appropriate laboratory and instrument. The proposal will be assessed for its feasibility by instrument responsible, and then by our Scientific Selection Panel for its scientific merit.
- You will be notified by email if the proposal is accepted or not.
- In case the proposal is accepted, NPI Instrument responsible scientist will allocate the beam time.
- The Proposer will be informed about allocated beam time by email.
- If you prefer to participate at the experiment personally, please contact the User Office to discuss details of your visit.
The use of the NPI infrastructure CANAM and of the funding project must be properly mentioned in publications (for example: „Measurements were carried out at the CANAM infrastructure of the NPI CAS Rez supported through MŠMT project No. LM2015056“).
For Neutron Physics Laboratory experiments, moreover, we request another acknowledgement of research reactor use in the form: "Presented results were obtained with the use of infrastructure Reactors LVR-15 and LR-0, which is financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports - project LM2015074".
In publications, the instrument responsible or local contact should be included as a co-author.
After the experiment is finished, submission of a short experimental report is requested within three months.