Deadline: April 10th 2018
Research Centre of Cosmic Rays and Radiation Events in the Atmosphere (CRREAT) at the Nuclear Physics Institute (NPI) of Czech Academy of Sciences, launches an international call for application to fill up
position in experimental nuclear/particle physics.
The call for applications is open to candidates of any nationality. Other than EU citizens, please inquire yourself about conditions to work in the Czech Republic (namely working visa).
The ideal candidate will have expertise in Cosmic/Atmospheric Radiation Detection/Dosimetry in high-energy mixed radiation fields. In particular the successful candidate will be responsible for development of radiation dosimeters for detection of high-energy atmospheric radiation phenomena occurring in thunderstorms.
The work consists in design of novel sensors (radiation, elmg. field) and their synchronization, performing experiments including terrain measurements during thunderstorms, measured data analysis (Python, Matlab, Octave, …), preparation of scientific papers, international conference contributions, and grant applications, close collaboration with institutes from France, Germany, Slovakia, Armenia, Russia, USA, and Japan, and leading master and Ph.D. students.
- Applicants are expected to have (or will have in a short time), a doctoral degree (PhD) in a relevant scientific field such as physics, applied mathematics, or related fields
- Experiences/interest in radiation detection/dosimetry
- Skills for individual solving problems
- Team working skills
- Very good command of English (written and oral)
- Flexibility for terrain measurements (time flexibility and good physical condition)
- Driving license category B is an advantage
The call aims to recruit outstanding candidates with research records and leadership capabilities. The position is a full-time job for 1 year extendable to 4.5 years. Applications (CV, publication list, motivation letter) must be submitted electronically before 14.00h (CET) April 10th 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Position is available from April 2018. Gross wage will be 56,000 CZK per month.