Nuclear Physics Institute of the CAS, v. v. i.
offers a scientist position in the Electron Spectroscopy Group which is fully involved in the international project KATRIN (KArlsruhe TRItium Neutrino experiment). The aim of the project is the experimental determination of the neutrino mass with the unprecedented precision, by a factor of 10 better in comparison with the predecessors.
For KATRIN, the group is developing and supplying calibration sources of mono-energetic electrons with energy stability at level of several ppm. Such sources are intensively used for the systematic and monitoring measurements at KATRIN. For info about the project see: https://www.katrin.kit.edu, http://www.ujf.cas.cz/cs/oddeleni/oddeleni-jaderne-spektroskopie/vyzkum/mereni-hmotnosti-neutrina/
The position is initially for 3 years. Suitable starting date is September 1st, 2021. The position can be prolonged upon mutual agreement.
- participation in preparation and test of the calibration sources
- participation in analysis of experimental data obtained at KATRIN project
- preparation of the scientific papers and presentations
- preparation of grant applications
- supervision of the undergraduate and graduate student works
- cooperation with project partners
The scientist requirements:
- PhD degree in nuclear or particle physics with minimum 4 years work experience in the field
- experience with international project is welcomed
- knowledge about vacuum apparatuses, measurement of the electric quantities
- mathematical skills, familiarity with Windows, LINUX, ROOT, C++
- knowledge of English
- ability to present results at scientific and technical meetings
- ability to work in team
Application (we accept Adobe, Word, Plain text formats) should include:
- application letter (motivation for application including)
- curriculum vitae (education, positions, eventually pedagogical experience)
- copy of PhD diploma
- applicant bibliography (articles, reports, presentations, conf. contributions, others)
Address for application:
Nuclear Spectroscopy Department
Nuclear Physics Institute of the CAS
CZ – 250 68 Rez
Interview: It is anticipated that interviews for the position will be also held.
Questions regarding the scientist position can be directed to Dr. Drahoslav Vénos, email@example.com, phone: +420 212 241 677 or +420 721 599 130.
Postdoctoral researcher for CRL DRD research group of the RAMSES project
The main objective of RAMSES project is extension of institutional infrastructure and establishment of the accelerator mass spectrometry (AMS) laboratory.
- analysis with chromatographic methods, analysis of stable isotopes
- 14C analysis in selected sample types
- preparation of scientific papers and presentations at international conferences
- preparation of grant applications
- doctoral degree in Natural Sciences (physics, chemistry) or related fields (postdoctoral fellowship is available only until five years after having received doctoral degree)
- experience with chromatography and/or stable isotope analysis
- very good knowledge of English
- one-year contract with possible prolongation
- stability of public research institution
- five weeks of vacation + one week of addition vacation
- lunch vouchers
- support of leisure activities
- possibility to apply for corporate housing (by Czech Academy of Sciences)
The gross salary offer is 45 000 CZK per month.
The job start is negotiable during 2020.
Please, send CV and the contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nuclear Physics Institute of the CAS asking for:
Technician in radiocarbon laboratory for the RAMSES project
- completed secondary education in the field of chemistry
- minimum 5 years work experience in an analytical laboratory
- active knowledge of English language
- work with PC (MS Office at minimum)
- experience with analyses of radionuclides is an advantage
Description of work
- Sample processing for 14C analysis
- possibility to apply for renting of the Academy flat
- 36 working hours per week ( FTE – 100%)
- additional 10 days of holidays
- 85 CZK luncheon vouchers per working day
Salary: 32 000 CZK ( gross ) per month
Place of employment: Prague – Bulovka, Czech Republic
Contact person: Zuzana Vycpálková, DiS., email@example.com