doc. RNDr. Anna Macková, Ph.D.
Date and place of birth: 9. 7. 1973, Most, Czech Republic
|1991-1996||Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague
Specialization: Nuclear models, Microscopic description of the atomic nuclei, Master's degree.
|1996-2000||Institute of Particle and Nuclear Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Ph.D. student.
Experience: Microscopic description of atomic nuclei
Theses: “Microscopic description of the collective degrees of freedom of atomic nuclei“.
|2005||University of Helsinky, Finland, Instrumentation of ion accelerators
Operation of Tandetron, instrumentation of ion beam analytical methods, expert mission supported by the International Atomic Energy Agency in the frame of the Tandetron accelerator installation in Nuclear Physics Institute of Czech Academy of Sciences, v.v. i. ,Czech Republic. Activities and Societies: Nuclear Physics, accelerators, ion beam instrumentation and nuclear analytical methods, material modification and synthesis, nuclear physics application in material science.
Academic and scientific titles
|2015||Doc. (Associated professor appointment)|
|Since 1999||Scientist, Neutron Physics Department of Nuclear Physics Institute of CAS, Rez
Experience: High-energy ion beam analysis of solid surface (Rutherford Backscattering Spectroscopy, Elastic Recoil Analysis, RBS-channeling, and polymer modification study).
|Since 2001||research assistant, J.E. Purkynje University research assistant, tutor of Ph.D. and Diploma Theses, tutorship of Atomic and Nuclear Physics lectures and practical.|
|Since 2012||Head of Tandetron Laboratory, deputy of neutron physics department head, Instrument responsible in Center of Accelerators and Nuclear Analytical Methods (CANAM) established in NPI in 2011.|
|Since 2014||Member of Selection User Panel, Helmholtz Zentrum, Dresden-Rossendorf, Germany, Member of selection committee evaluating the experiments and proposals in the aspect of high scientific quality and possible significant outputs in the frame of the open access in ion beam center of Helmholtz Zentrum, Dresden-Rossendorf, Germany.|
|Since 2013||Member of Advisory Committee, the Accelerator center in Horia Hulubei National Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engineering (IFIN HH), Bucharest, Romania. Evaluation of the scientific proposals applied in the Center of Accelerator of IFIN HH, member of the advisory committee for proposal evaluation and open access realization for external users.|
|Since 2012||Member of Nuclear Physics Division of the European Physical Society, Dissemination of nuclear physics application for public, coordination of European physical conferences in collaboration with national societies, bilateral collaboration of nuclear infrastructures in Europe.|
|Since 2015||appointed to the associated professor, Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, scientific branch: Physics of Surfaces and Interfaces, the defended theses: “Modification and characterization of materials using energetic ion beams”.|
|Now||Nuclear Physics Institute of Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 250 68 Rež near Prague and University of J. E. Purkyne, Ústí nad Labem.|
Research fellowships and study visits
- 2002 and 2003 – (5 and 2 months) - scientific stay in Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden –Rossendorf, at Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, Faculty of Astronomy and Physics, Germany. From 2004 annual common experiments with HZDR IBA team in the frame of SPIRIT EU project and related forthcoming EU projects.
Major scientific interests
- Ion beam analysis researcher and specialist for nuclear spectroscopy instrumentation (ion beam analysis especially RBS, ERDA, RBS channeling, TOF spectrometry) , accelerator technology, instrumentation and application in material science, nano-structure synthesis, characterization and preparation of nano-structures by energetic ion beam, nano-structures for photonics, spintronics and other application prepared in polymers, glasses and crystalline materials, simulation of energy losses and straggling of energetic ions using SRIM, TRIDYNE, MSTAR and channeling phenomena using MC simulation code FLUX. Head of Tandetron Laboratory, tutor of diploma and PhD students, research assistant responsible for basic lectures and practical’s in atomic and nuclear physics, member of final exams committee at J. E. Purkynje University, member of several selection program panels at big ion beam centers in Europe, collaboration with the most important infrastructures in ion beam technology in Europe.
Solver (8) or team member (4) in national projects and centres of excellence supported by Grant Agency of the Czech Republic, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport etc. Solver of 3 international projects (COST, IAEA, EU – SPIRIT infrastructure proposal). Solver of internal project of J. E. Purkyne University (3) including PhD and diploma student’s tutorship and research.
Selected research projects
- MSMT COST 527.100 (2001-2005) - "Analyses of Plasma Polymer Thin Films by the Nuclear Analytical Methods" (co–applicant) Project of the Grant Agency of the Czech Academy of Sciences,
- GAAV KJB100480601 (2006-2008) - "Ion beam application on the study of crystalline structures" IAEA research contract No. 12702 (2003-2006), collaboration with the High Energy Accelerator Research Organization (KEK), Oho, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan, Sandia National Laboratory, Organic Materials Aging and Reliability Department, Albuquerque, USA IAEA etc., “Radiation modified synthetic polymer for application in medicine”.
- Grant GA_CR 106/09/0125 (2009-2013), “Preparation and characterization of metal/polymer strutures”
- Grant GACR 104/09/0621 (2009-2011), "Magnetic semiconductor based on ZnO".
About 152 original publications in reviewed journals and about 1045 citations, h index 19 (source WOS).
|2003||Award of Josef Hlavka for outstanding young researchers|
|2008||Award of Otto Wichterle for outstanding results in research|
|2009||Award of the rector of University J. E. Purkynje for scientific and research|