The 2007 Prize
- Ing. Petr Ambroz, Ph.D. (1980) presented the thesis Proprietes algebraiques et combinatoires des numerations non-standard defended in September 2006 at l'Universite Paris 7
- Dr. Junhua Chen (1978) presented the thesis Classical and quantum PT-symmetric theories defended in March 2007 at the Washington University in St. Louis
- Ing. Vit Jakubsky, Ph.D. (1980) presented the thesis Pseudo-Hermitian quantum mechanics defended in October 2006 at the Czech Technical University in Prague
- Mgr. Miroslav Jezek, Ph.D. (1977) presented the thesis Quantum measurement and reconstruction with applications in optics defended in May 2007 at the Palacky University in Olomouc
At its closing session on November 28, 2007, the jury appreciated all the submitted theses saying that each of them represents an internationally visible piece of research in its particular field. The jury decided to award the main prize to
- Mgr. Miroslav Jezek, Ph.D.
for the thesis Quantum measurement and reconstruction with applications in optics which was found to be an outstanding contribution to the theory of quantum measurement, quantum state discrimination and its role in optics and quantum optics applications, such that its results have met with notable international scientific response and have stimulated further research in the field.